mystery of the vanishing transition markers

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Aeronaut

mystery of the vanishing transition markers

PostWed Dec 27, 2023 8:33 pm

Brand new DR user, finding my way and enjoying it, but... too often it seems things work except after 2:00 on Thursday. Current issue using Davinci Resolve 18.6 on a Macbook Air M1:

1. My Mac rebooted after an inactivity timeout. Reopening to the Edit screen, my timeline is missing the transition "markers" between clips on my timeline. Yet, when I play the video, the transitions are happening. I have googled for an answer, but it may be that "marker" is not the right term to use in my search phrase. I have made sure the clip section height is good. I've looked around for any setting that may apply. Not finding it.

2. Edit > Delete Gaps is active only capriciously. From my searches, I have made sure my focus is in the timeline. I've tried placing the cursor after gaps, on a clip but clip unselected, and many etc. But "Delete Gaps" goes active at unpredictable times.

There are many other learning curve issues, but I am delighted at the obvious power and flexibility in DR. Thank you in advance.
Larry

Return to Getting Started