rendering to audio only

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

grant.cahoon

rendering to audio only

PostMon Jan 22, 2024 7:01 am

I have recorded a CD and wish to export the files to an external hard drive. They won't export from my computer to my external hard drive. I'm not sure why. I have had success with importing the files into DR, rendering them and then exporting them from my computer to the external hard drive, but have had to do it one piece at a time. I believe there is a way to do it so that all the songs are rendered and exported as separate files to the rendering destination of my choice on my Mac.

I would like to import all the songs into DR to do it all at once. I believe I can do this by putting each song on a different track. What settings do I need to use to render each song as a separate piece to the rendering destination on my computer.
DR Version 17.4.3 build 10
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch)
Processor 2.7 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
121GB Flash Storage with 26.55GB available
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

External HD 2 TB

Reynaud Venter

Re: rendering to audio only

PostMon Jan 22, 2024 7:20 am

If audio files need to be exported from an imported CD, use the default Music application on macOS.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/music/mus2935/mac

To change the file format, change the Import Settings and select WAV Encoder.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/m ... 4/mac/14.0

If additional editing and processing is required, use the Export Files function from the Clip contextual menu on the Fairlight page.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to Getting Started