what happened last update

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

12PointPro

what happened last update

PostWed Feb 07, 2024 4:05 pm

I installed new update this morning while starting the day. Took a big update even had to restart pc. What ever was done has wrecked my colors or codecs in all my different softwares. I can open vlc and it is correct color as i see on my monitor. I can open media player it is different and i open windows media player it is different. If I use gyazo to take an image it is all white out.

this is absolutely horrendous. my default is still vlc in windows. as it should be. I have changed nothing in davinci presets. but the problem has moved beyond davinci it has affected my whole pc. i dont play games to test that.

dude you guys cant make changes like this it has damages!

blackmagic says I dont have studio so I cant use tech support. Im not paying 300.00 to undo a break fix. i was just about ready to pay for studio. this isnt the way to pressure sales guys.

Robert Niessner

Re: what happened last update

PostThu Feb 08, 2024 6:07 am

A Davinci Resolve update has never resulted in the need to restart the computer.

Whatever your problem now is, it is certainly not the fault of Resolve.

I would have a look if any other Windows or GPU driver updates got installed, your problem is very likely to be found there. Check your Windows Update log what has been updated.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Charles Bennett

Re: what happened last update

PostThu Feb 08, 2024 10:03 am

I have to agree with Robert. As with all previous versions, no problems here running version 18.6.5 on Win 10, and no restart was needed.
May I suggest you post log and NFO files which will hopefully be picked up by the likes of Dwaine from Blackmagic.
Attachments
Log and NFO Information.JPG
Log and NFO Information.JPG (46.64 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Return to DaVinci Resolve