Problems with Decklink HD Extreme 3D in Intel DH77KC mb

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

hdevilliers

Problems with Decklink HD Extreme 3D in Intel DH77KC mb

PostFri Oct 26, 2012 10:17 am

Hi all,

I suspect that the problem I'm having is on the Intel side, but I'm posting here in case someone else has the same problem (or if anyone thinks this needs to be addressed by Blackmagic instead).

In short, I'm having severe framedropping issues when installing a Decklink HD Extreme 3D card into the 4x PCI-e slot of an Intel DH77KC motherboard. Upon examining the BIOS, it appears that the card is autoconfigured as a 1x card instead of 4x. I've replicated the bug on another DH77KC motherboard. I've found that using the 16x slot on the motherboard leads to correct autodetection as 4x in both motherboards and video capture without dropped frames (but of course, no offboard graphics card). I've also made sure to update the motherboard firmware to the latest version (October 2012). Installing the card on an Intel DZ77SL motherboard's 4x slot works flawlessly. The card has also previously been used successfully in a Mac Pro.

I've started a related thread at the Intel Community forums
http://communities.intel.com/thread/32396
which has a more detailed description of the problem. I'm trying to contact Intel support in the mean time and will post in case a solution presents itself although solutions from here would certainly be welcome also :).

Henry

Return to Getting Started