Unable to Update

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Thane

Unable to Update

PostFri Oct 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey there,
So i updated my ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher with my iMac. Now when i go on my Pc and try to use the sotfware control it tells me to update using the Switcher utility.
Where do i find that? Because i haven't found it yet.

Thanks,

Liam Kennedy

Re: Unable to Update

PostFri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

You have to install the same version of the ATEM control software on your pc. If you upgraded the firmware to 3.3 you have to use the 3.3 version of the control software on all your devices. You can't control a 3.3 switcher with 3.1 (or earlier) ATEM control software.

Just download the windows version of new software and install it.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: Unable to Update

PostFri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Thane,

Liam is correct regarding the software versions. You do need to match versions on your systems. You can find current and archived drivers in the Support section of our website.

The utility that the software is referencing is called ATEM Setup Utility and can be found in your Programs or Applications folder on your computer. This is the utility you open to set or check the IP address of your switcher. Your PC sounds like it has an older version of the software utility (or maybe even newer depending on what's on your Mac) and it wants you to up/down-grade your switcher firmware to match the software version. If you match the software version on your PC to that of your Mac, you should stop seeing this prompt.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Return to Getting Started