Advice

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

forepj

Advice

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Stone cold beginner here....Have a meeting room where I want to capture output from two Sony PTZF cameras with SDI output, HDMI/DVI from a computer and balanced audio from Shure wireless microphone to a Mac. We want to use Final Cut to edit the the raw files once after capture. ANy suggestions on how this might happen within a reasonable budget using Blackmagic capture products?

DidiKunz

Re: Advice

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 am

I would use the ATEM Television Studio and one of the Decklink capture cards. For the analog audio you need a analog audio to AES/EBU converter, to use the AES/EBU in of the ATEM. Blackmagic has no such converter. You could also use a Audio to SDI converter to send the audio to the mixer. Hope this points a way.

Didi

Esa Kranz

PostSun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Actually embedded SDI audio is now supported on ATEM mixers!
You can use either Audio to SDI or analog video to SDI Mini Converter as embedder.
- When using embedded audio, there will be no audio/video timing issues either.
Esa Kranz
Product Manager at Hedcom
Blackmagic Reseller, Finland
www.hedcom.fi/home

forepj

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 pm

so, it's best to put a switcher in front of my input devices and only capture one stream rather than capturing all the raw footage and powerpoints then edit in Final Cut? Thanks for the replies

Return to Getting Started