Will The ultrastudio SDI work on The Asus G75vw

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

mrsoup

Will The ultrastudio SDI work on The Asus G75vw

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 pm

HI

After much searching and no real answer I thought i'd put this on here. Im looking at getting the ultrastudio SDI for live capture into premiere and then maybe send the signal back out (although thats not essential as i have HDMI to do that if need be) and was wondering if it would actually work on the Asus G75vw,

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/

it has an Intel® HM77 Chipset and there doesn't seem to be a yes or no answer on if it actually works.. getting any real real solid info on how the Ultrastudio SDI actaully stands up seems to be impossible actually.

Is there anyone on here or from BMD how can give me a Yes or no answer on whether i can get a SDI video feed into premiere on this specific laptop, and if no then would it work with the pro-recorder via usb. I would have gone with thunderbolt but the advertised thunderbolt port on my computer was falsely advertised and is actually a mini display one (anyone thinking of buying a g75 beware) . Joy

Regards
Ben

cparsons

Re: Will The ultrastudio SDI work on The Asus G75vw

PostWed May 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Which version of that laptop do you have? Currently, the Asus G75vw-DS72 is on the list of officially certified Thunderbolt devices. https://thunderbolttechnology.net/product/asus-g75vx-ds72. I know adoption of true Thunderbolt on PC has been like molasses, so I am assuming you got a version of the G75 before they put a true Thunderbolt port on it.

Mike Squires

Re: Will The ultrastudio SDI work on The Asus G75vw

PostWed May 15, 2013 9:12 pm

The Ultrastudio USB 3.0 works with the G75. I have the G55, and it uses the same USB controller as the G75, and works just fine.

Return to Getting Started