not getting any video from my intensity extreme!?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ppblais

not getting any video from my intensity extreme!?

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 10:20 pm

I've just recently installed an Intensity Extreme box to go with my new iMac editing station. While I seem to have setup everything properly, I can't get an image out to my monitor... What I'm going to describe is from using media express as a testing software, but the same thing is going on when running avid. Basically I load in a prores video, it shows up and plays back fine in media express, but noting goes through to my panasonic monitor, it tells me that it<s not getting any input! I've ruled out the HDMI cable, as it works fine with a bluray player I have, also all the format settings are the same across applications, media express project is 1080p 29.97, desktop video setting is set at 1080p 29.97, and 1080p 29.97 is a format my monitor accepts. so I'm out of idea as to what I can do next... oh and I've also tried sending the intensity to my a\v receiver which send to my monitor as well, and no luck, the audio however goes through fine through the same HDMI cable, which to me is incomprehensible.

Thanks for any help!

Andrew Hunter

Re: not getting any video from my intensity extreme!?

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Have you confirmed that the intensity is configured to send HDMI video from the System preferences pane?

ppblais

Re: not getting any video from my intensity extreme!?

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Yes in the system preference panel the video output is set to "hdmi & component", as far as I know this is correct? The only other choice I'd have is "hdmi & y-composite (s-video)". I get the same problem with that option as well.

Tanks

Return to Getting Started