Audio Failing to Record

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

MythicalRedFox

Audio Failing to Record

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 pm

I use the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle . I'm trying to record off of my Wii in Blackmagic Media Express. I have my Wii screen settings set to 16:9, surround sound, and 480p with component cables. For whatever reason, after a little while into capturing video and audio off of my Wii, the audio stops recording and goes silent. I can tell this live, because the audio levels appear to freeze instead of moving up and down with the game audio. I've tried switching Wii component cables, turning the audio settings to stereo, and adjusting plenty of things. No matter what I do the audio always cuts out.

I have also tried recording this in Sony Vegas Pro 11. The audio there is never in sync. It gets out of sync at multiple places at multiple times, making it near impossible to ever resync it. Hence why I'm resorting back to Media Express. (Plus I can never seem to get the right video settings working in Vegas.)

Does anyone know how I can either stop the audio from stopping in Media Express, or how to record this all efficiently in Vegas Pro or another program? Thanks.

Return to Getting Started