RAW on BMPCC disabled after 1.8.2 update?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

andrewcromey

RAW on BMPCC disabled after 1.8.2 update?

PostMon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 pm

I just updated my BMPCC and I can no longer get RAW only prores. I just got it in the mail so I don't have an SD card in the camera. Is there some wrong with the camera or is it something I am doing?

-Andrew

Brendan_Reilly

Re: RAW on BMPCC disabled after 1.8.2 update?

PostFri Jul 25, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm having the same issue. I updated my BMPCC yesterday, but it only gives me "ProRes" as an option. It doesn't list RAW, or even the various ProRes codecs (HQ, 422, LT). Is this a glitch in the most recent software update?

adamroberts

PostSat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 am

How did you update the camera? Did you download the latest version of the firmware form the BM Support Site?

This is now the BM Camera Utility works:
The version installed on your computer does not update itself. What every version you install on your computer will be installed on the camera when you connect it. You need to download and install the version you want to install on the camera.
If the version on the camera is different (newer or older) the utility will tell you the camera needs to be updated.

So... it is possible to install ver 1.7 on your computer and "update" your camera that might already be running 1.9. This is great is you want to revert to a previous version but can sometimes confuse new users.

Very often the version of the Camera Utility that ships on the discs in the box may be older than the version that is actually on the camera.

Grab the latest versions here:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support ... al-cameras

Rock Richardson

PostMon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 pm

That happened to me, you must delete your 1.8.2 using the remove app that came with your 1.8.2 then download a new copy then reinstall. It worked for me.

adamroberts

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 7:44 am

Each update comes with an un-installer. The un-installer will remove any previous version.

It's best to run the un-installer before running the installer.

Return to Getting Started