configure intensity shuttle usb3.0

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Adriano Agri

configure intensity shuttle usb3.0

PostMon Aug 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi to everyone.

recently i have bought the shuttle usb 3.0, unfortunatly i haven't read the warning before purchase it, and i have spent a lot of money in cameras and optionals, thinking the shuttle could do, could do more than effectively do.

so i am trying to look if i can use it however.

i have a notebook asus x551cap, chipset intel, seems that after updating the usb driver my notebook could find the shuttle as component, but i cannot able to setting up anything, nor view any video from hdmi source.

another things i find is that doen't work with streaming video, the application doesn't start.

could you help me to understand, if the notebook is not compatible or if i have to do some other settings to use it??

thanks so much!

Adriano Agri

Re: configure intensity shuttle usb3.0

PostTue Aug 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello!

noone can help me?

i know it is summer time, but if someone is there, i appreciate the help...

thanks

Adriano Agri

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 4:31 pm

OK!

good morning.
now reading hoere and there and looking for some solution i have found hints about first configuration of the shuttle, or like someone suggest desktop studio..

ok i haven't read before every manuals reported on disk.. but now i have finally read the manual.

so i can setup the blackmagic design control panel and in media express i can listen audio but i cannot view any video.
the renesas host controller utility says intel controlle host estensible (driver 1.0.248.7 - firmware 0000)
i think that at least the controller is ok...
but i still not view the video..

could anyone help me??

thanks

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 pm

You may want to download the most current Desktop Video available on our support page and see if this possibly will address the problems you're having.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Adam Simmons

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 5:53 am

Also make sure it's plugged into the USB 3 socket and not the USB 2.
You don't say which version of Windows you are using, but if it's Win 8 then make sure you update to 8.1 as the built in USB 3 driver in Win 8 was awful and never worked with the Shuttle
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Adriano Agri

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 am

Hi..
i have also tested with the latest desktop video, and nothing change.. i ear the sound but not view the video..

My notebook have win7 home 64bit, with 1 usb3.0 and 1 usb2.0, and yes i have plugged into the usb3.0

I have checked if the bios has some settings for usb bandwith but nothing only enabled or disabled.

Adam Simmons

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 9:57 am

Try disabling Bluetooth, wireless and webcam and see if that makes any difference.

Also what is your source res and frame rate and does it match inside the BM control panel and media express?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Getting Started