Mini Recorder set default video standard as NTSC Greyed out

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

AlexParkinson

Mini Recorder set default video standard as NTSC Greyed out

PostFri Aug 15, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm on my first day with the Mini recorder.

In System preferences all the settings are greyed out so the input is stuck on NTSC.

I'm in 25p/50i world so the live image is jumpy as you would expect from the NTSC-Pal Pulldown

Preferences for the ultra studio express are fine.

I'm on a macbook pro retina 2.8 ghz 16 GB RAM running 10.9.4.

I've tried to figure it out. I really have.

Thanks

Dmitry Kitsov

Re: Mini Recorder set default video standard as NTSC Greyed

PostSat Aug 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Hello, Alex,
The default video standard in the Blackmagic Design panel of the System Preferences only affects output for monitoring and does not affect capture. Because your device (Decklink MIni Recorder or UltraStudio Mini Recorder) has no capacity to output the video signal, this setting is grayed out. Our drivers will allow only for the controls that correspond to the abilities of the device currently connected to be adjustable.
Regarding the jumpy image: make sure that the monitor used is set to run at the 50 Hz refresh rate.
Dmitry Kitsov

AlexParkinson

Re: Mini Recorder set default video standard as NTSC Greyed

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi Dimitri,

I'm ever so sorry to take so long o get back to you and thanks for the suggestions. The problem persists but, weirdly enough, it's intermittent. I'm sure I'm doing something dumb. I'll let you know if I work it out.

Alex

Return to Getting Started