Streaming HDMI or RCA, products?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

aleatory

Streaming HDMI or RCA, products?

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 4:36 am

Greetings,

I am part of a group in Chicago forming a startup video company that is looking to get into streaming, mostly targeting nonprofits for our services.

We are looking for a capture card, HDMI and Composite as well as looking for suggestions for streaming services that are not costly, or if there are free options. We looked at youtube Live however we do not yet have a partner account nor is our company incorporated yet.

We have an opportunity to stream a two day talk on the nuclear waste issue December 1st and 2nd and are looking to have a work flow by that time. Google Hangout could be a viable option if I can understand how to get any hangout stream to output to a static location and if any of the cards can work with that.

We plan to have SD analog cameras by this time hooked to a video mixer going to the capture card. We would like HDMI to be part of the card for scalability of our services in the future.

What would you recommend for a capture card and what streaming options/services can I look at?

Return to Getting Started