Chyron for lower thirds and graphics, logos etc.

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

carlosmerlos

Chyron for lower thirds and graphics, logos etc.

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 am

I am using the Atem television studio to record and broadcast live church services. I currently use Photoshop for the lowerthirds. i was wondering if there is another program other then photoshop i can use with the television studio such as the Chyron lyric animations? here is a video on youtube about the program
and if yes how? I think it would be easier if i could use this program thank you for your response. :D

Esa Kranz

Re: Chyron for lower thirds and graphics, logos etc.

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 pm

You can use whatever software you find useful for producing graphics as long as you understand the limitations:
a) With ATEM Television Studio model you can only use still graphics
- ATEM 1M/E and 2 M/E models can accept TGA strings and play them back as an animation
b) You have to use supported graphics formats - use TGA if you want to use alpha channel!
Esa Kranz
Product Manager at Hedcom
Blackmagic Reseller, Finland
www.hedcom.fi/home

James Hope

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm pretty sure that Chyron Lyric doesn't output targa sequences, but is regular CG software that only comes preinstalled on Chyron hardware. As with any CG system, you can either use the key and fill outputs (which tie up two inputs on the TVS, which may not be practical with so few inputs), or send your program output into the Chyron so that supers can be added there instead.
Windows 11 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB RAM, NVidia RTX 2070 8GB.

Raphaël Jacquot

PostSun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm

I would recommand http://www.casparcg.com/ , developped by the swedish public television
this will require a powerful machine to generate the pictures, and will output either
1 channel with black that you can luma key out
2 channels, one for gray levels luma key, one for the color contents

Return to Getting Started