Hyperdeck Studio Pro Thunderbolt Capture

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

daniep01

Hyperdeck Studio Pro Thunderbolt Capture

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 10:11 am

Hello,

I am trying to capture from a Hypderdeck Studio Pro using Media Express which is possible according to the manual. Unfortunately I can't get the Hypderdeck to appear as a connected device in Media Express. It is seen by the OSX system utility. Has anyone had success with this?

I'm using the latest Hyperdeck (4.1) and Desktop Video (10.1.4) software.

Chad

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro Thunderbolt Capture

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 6:41 pm

If you can see the Hyperdeck in the Blackmagic Control Panel under System Settings then it is connected. If you are getting a black screen in Media Express under Log and Capture, then your resolution under Media Express preferences doesn't match the actual resolution of the signal that plugged into the Hyperdeck.

daniep01

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks for your advice. It doesn't appear at all in System Preferences > Blackmagic Design. I wasn't sure if it would? The only place I can see it is in the Thunderbolt section of the About this Mac System Information tool.

Chad

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 10:36 pm

If your Hyperdeck is brand new, try running the Hyperdeck Utility to make sure its firmware is up to date.

daniep01

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

Yes, the Hyperdeck is up to date. I was hoping someone could confirm if this setup is actually possible or if it is not implemented in the current software release.

Return to Getting Started