intensity shuttle, ultrastudio mini or Express for MacBkPro

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Lenny Levy

intensity shuttle, ultrastudio mini or Express for MacBkPro

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm thinking about the intensity shuttle or Ultrastudio min or express for a new 15" non retina MacBook Pro 2.97 GHz with the best graphics package principally using FCP 7.03 on 10.8.2 . I want it for monitoring during color correction and would like to be able to use my Dell 2405 (DVI or component) as I did with my MXO - no longer supported thank you Matrox. I can also bring in a Flanders 17" when necessary.
The MXO had blue gun proc amp type set-up software to get the color contrast correct on the Dell

I've tried the MXO2 - doesn't work with the Dell 2405 with set-up control and only works with Dell in component mode ( no HDMI to DVI) (can use Flanders though)

Aja T-Tap - Also won't work with the Dell at all ( no HDMI to DVI unless the monitor is specifically 1920x1080 - Dell is 1920 x1270) and no set-up software in component

Ideal would be a 3.0 Intensity shuttle or UltraStudio so I could have a third monitor but BlackMagic doesn't support that yet on Mac - PLEASE

- My Question is how would the Intensity shuttle or the Ultrastudio min or express work for me?

The mini sounds like it would be fine my Flanders, but does it have any problem keeping up with a heavy dose of filters on the source material?

Will the intensity shuttle or the Ultrastudio express work with my Dell 2405 either over component and or HDMI to DVI , and if so are there any color , contrast and bluegun type set-up controls for it?

Oh yeah - I would pay considerably more for units that Thunderbolt throughput. Most of us would- especially if it could get us a third monitor -- one for added computer real estate on the NLE and one for color correction video .

Thanks - Lenny

Return to Getting Started