Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt input not working?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jl1223

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt input not working?

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 7:25 am

So I want to use the Intensity Shuttle to record gameplay off my Xbox 360 onto my mac. However, when I try HDMI, it doesn't ever have a video from the input. All wires are in working order.

I tried composite cables, and it works.

Sometimes. It would randomly work and randomly not work, usually the latter.

I've also tried using HDMI from a digital camera, which should not have HDCP. There was no input as well.

Output works, as whenever I get video from composite, it can play on my TV after I wire the HDMI output.

cadland

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt input not working?

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 am

I can't with the Xbox part, however I had the same problem with my camera.

In my Sony camera tv output settings I could set it to either 1080p or 1080i and the tv would see it fine through HDMI. However when I set it to 1080p and connected it to the Thunderbolt with 1080p settings on both the input and project I got a black screen.

But on 1080i and the Thunderbolt configured for 1080i it works perfectly. From this I assume that my camera captures and saves in 1080i but simulates a 1080p output that is not within tolerance for the Thunderbolt but is fine for display on my television.

This may not be the correct reason but it is the only explaination I have for what happened. Perhaps one of the Thunderbolt engineers could explain if my response is valid or not.

Return to Getting Started