Unable to use intensityshuttle usb3.0 with ADOBE products

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
rsjtester

Unable to use intensityshuttle usb3.0 with ADOBE products

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 am

I am using following setup to capture the live stream.

intensity shuttle usb3.0 (Firmware updated to teh latest)
Flash player 11,5,502,110
Samsung camcorder HMX-H300BN
OS Windows 7 - 64bit.

FLASH PLAYER Case

I am able to capture in Black Magic's media express software , but inside flash player when i open adobe settings window (say on a youtube movie) then in adobe video device list 'Declink Video Capture' and 'BlackMagic WDM capture' drivers/devices are shown.When i select any of them Flash player doesn't show any video output in video preview a black frame is shown.

FMLE (Flash Media Encoder case)

In case of FMLE as well 'Declink Video Capture' and 'BlackMagic WDM capture' are shown as devices in the device list , but when i select any of them only black frames are captures.

While i am capturing at that time my camera is not in use by any other application on the system.

Any help ????????
Am i missing any drivers?
What can i do , any specific settings.

sirfunusa

Re: Unable to use intensityshuttle usb3.0 with ADOBE product

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi

I have the SAME problem with my Intensity Extreme via Thunderbolt. In ALL Windows applications that look for a camera like Skype, Yahoo Messenger, GotoMeeting and others, the camera is recognized as "BlackMagic WDM Capture" but just shows the infamous black frame. The same problem persists in the Mac environment too.

This feature is currently broken across the board, and needs to be fixed ASAP.

thanks

Jeff

rsjtester

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 pm

No Replies??????????????????????????? :(

sirfunusa

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi

So I did get mine to work! Both under Windows 7 and Mac OSX. In the control panel settings, I selected 1080i 59.94, then selected this same setting in the target application. Another trick you might try is to use an app like CamTwist (free) on the Mac or ManyCam on Windows. You run these "frame server" apps IN ADDITION to your your target application. When you choose your Webcam or Select Camera in your target app, another option will show in the dropdown called CamTwist. It's very cool, as CamTwist allows you in realtime to overlay graphics, display your desktop, etc. Keep in mind that I am using the Intensity Extreme with Thunderbolt, but I'm guessing the same applies here. I hope this helps.

Return to Getting Started