Blackmagic Design Mobile Demonstration Vehicle

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

danielhuber

Blackmagic Design Mobile Demonstration Vehicle

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

Hi,
I just got a newsletter, that a "Blackmagic Design Mobile Demonstration Vehicle" should be on the road in Germany and showing the possibilities and workflow with BMD products...
Is there any list when and where it will be, as the company sent me the newsletter is quite far away?

Thomas Seewald

Re: Blackmagic Design Mobile Demonstration Vehicle

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Good question / gute Frage !

(Sh**, the Blackmagic "Design Mobile Demonstration Vehicle" was already in my town - in August)
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

danielhuber

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 5:24 pm

I just think i doesn't really make sense to send a "Demonstration Vehicle" around and not telling anyone where it can be found... :(

Adam Simmons

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 am

Maybe they don't tell anyone so you can't go up and complain about missing/not working features on their devices
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Thomas Seewald

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 12:12 pm

It seems, that this action was made in cooperation with the local dealers which did the marketing / promotion for their "dates".
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

danielhuber

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Thomas Seewald wrote:It seems, that this action was made in cooperation with the local dealers which did the marketing / promotion for their "dates".

In that case the major problem seems to be in different cases: First of all, I'm getting around 30 or more "newsletters" every day, so I can't read everyone of them (most of them are also absolutely uninteresting and only contain product advertising) but concentrate on the more interestig companies, second is, that when you live in the middle of nowhere you don't buy your stuff at a single local dealer but order the most things online so some of the dealers are of course also quite far away, so even when they send a newsletter you might be too far away, what indeed happended in my case... I got the newsletter from Marcotec on modnay, telling me the Demonstration Vehicle will be there on wednesday... so first of all what happened: I got a newsletter from a dealer 2 days before the date (much too short!!) and this dealer is over 6 hours away, so completetly ininteresting to have a "short trip" to there... and finally I have no idea if it will be or even have already been in more interesting cities, like for example Munich which I could reach within 1,5 hours...

I only know from other companies, that they advertise their roadshow a lot better and you see on their website where they are and when and espoecially you get the information early enough so that you can organize to go there, but 2 days before and much too far away are impossible to handle...

Return to Getting Started