urgent question please

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

tareef

urgent question please

PostTue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

i have the Mini Converter Optical Fiber units, and i need to connect them via the Alcatel Lucent metro Ethernet network, i have 7210SAS-M between the 2 convertors.
Is these convertors are interoperable with Alcatel lucent switches
How can i do the configuration?

Thanks

Brian Hancock

Re: urgent question please

PostTue Dec 04, 2012 6:32 pm

i think i could speak for a few here and say i'm not totally sure what you are trying to do ... the mini converter optical units are for point to point transmission and reception of optical video signals ... if you want to carry the hdsdi/sdi signal over an ip based network you will need an encoder ... which takes video signals and turns them into a data stream which with the appropriate settings be sent over your switches ... it has been confirmed that the mini converters, since they are based on smpte standards, are compatible with various other hdsdi,sdi units from other companies ...

there are other options available with just the mini converters if you have access to a dedicated fiber or have the ability to mux the mini converter's optical signal

tareef

Re: urgent question please

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 am

so you mean that it is not possible to connect these convertors via the IP cloud? The connection I’m talking about is Layer 2 point to point, not layer 3
Do you have more info about the parameters of the SFP transceiver for these convertors?

Return to Getting Started