Auto Focus

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Nadskrid

Auto Focus

PostThu Jan 29, 2015 5:02 pm

I have the 2.5k EF. I have cannon lenses. What do I need to utilize autofocus with this camera?

Denny Smith

Re: Auto Focus

PostFri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Might be obvious, but I think you are going to need an autofocus Canon EF lens, that is on the BM lens compatibility list.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

BenjaminLebeau

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 4:46 am

What Denny said. And make sure your firmware is up-to-date.
Benjamin Lebeau
Editor/Colorist, Sandwich Video
www.sandwichvideo.com

adamroberts

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 8:04 am

Auto focus is activated on electronic lenses by pressing the focus button.

Auto focus is however slow. It's fine for one shot autofocus on a static shot but the camera does not do continuos auto focus.

Cansın Gürcan

PostTue Mar 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Hey ,

I have a BMPCC and Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 but the camera can't dedect the lense . iris and auto focus don't work. I tried the lense with a diffrent camera and it worked. Is there something to do or my camera is broken ? Anybody help me please.

LennartBöwering

PostWed Mar 11, 2015 1:53 am

Cansın Gürcan wrote:I have a BMPCC and Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 but the camera can't dedect the lense . iris and auto focus don't work. I tried the lense with a diffrent camera and it worked. Is there something to do or my camera is broken ? Anybody help me please.

Have you updated your camera to the newest firmware? (2.0)
If you haven't, take a look at the how to update your firmware thread on this board.

adamroberts

PostWed Mar 11, 2015 6:05 am

Cansın Gürcan wrote:I have a BMPCC and Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 but the camera can't dedect the lense . iris and auto focus don't work. I tried the lense with a diffrent camera and it worked. Is there something to do or my camera is broken ? Anybody help me please.

In addition to updating the firmware of the camera you might need to update the firmware on the lens.

This was the case with the 14-45mm LUMIX lens I have. This can only be done from a Panasonic MFT body tho.

Blaine Russom

PostWed Mar 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Cansın Gürcan wrote:Hey ,

I have a BMPCC and Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 but the camera can't dedect the lense . iris and auto focus don't work. I tried the lense with a diffrent camera and it worked. Is there something to do or my camera is broken ? Anybody help me please.

I had this issue before and someone else that I know. You may need a replacement. Take it to the store you bought from and have them check with another BMPCC..

Return to Cinematography