Setting the Time and Date on Hyperdeck Studio

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Anthony Ware

Setting the Time and Date on Hyperdeck Studio

PostTue Feb 17, 2015 12:22 am

When I'm finished recording to my SSD, I notice that the date and timestamp are no correct. Is there a way to set the Hyperdeck's time and date so that my recorded video files are correctly timestamped?

Brandon Key

Re: Setting the Time and Date on Hyperdeck Studio

PostSun Mar 06, 2016 1:24 am

Hi Anthony,

I was wondering the same thing. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Hans-Olav Hodol

PostSun Apr 17, 2016 12:08 pm

I´m curious about the same thing. Today I recorded on a Hyperdeck Studio Pro and the file is timestamped 15. jan 2017, 23:58.
And I am not working on a new "Back to the Future"-film :D

Brandon Key

PostWed May 04, 2016 6:57 pm

Got the answer from Blackmagic support today. I guess they never bother responding to these posts.

What you have to do is connect your Hyperdeck to your computer (via usb) and change any setting in the Hyperdeck Setup software and save the settings. You have to have at least version 4.4 of Hyperdeck Setup.

This will update the internal clock of the Hyperdeck to sync with your computer's date and time.

I just tried it and it worked for me. :)

Matt Moon

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 5:31 pm

What Brandon said. BMD told me to update to the latest firmware (5.1 as of this writing) and make sure to uninstall the current version first. Then install 5.1, go into the setup utility and select a different codec and save, then select my preferred codec and save again. This corrected it for me.

Matt Moon

PostSat Jul 15, 2017 5:59 pm

One thing I noticed is when I updated my mini/micro converter firmware to the newest version, it somehow affected the Hyperdeck's time stamp. I had to set it again. It may be necessary to reset the Hyperdeck when new firmware is installed for any of BM's products? Something to check anyway.

timtoo

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Just an update - I was having this problem of the wrong time/date on recordings. I updated to the latest release of HyperDeck Studio (v7) and it did not work (still had the wrong time/date on recordings). I contacted BlackMagic support and they figured out that v7 will not fix the time/date problem. You must uninstall version 7 and install version 6 on your computer. Then you will be able to change any of the settings (codec for example), save, change it back, save and the date will be updated on the recorder for future recordings by taking the current time/date from your computer. I made the change on a Friday and verified it worked... then unplugged the recorder for the weekend. Came back on Monday, plugged it back in and the date/time are still correct. Hope this helps the next person who runs into this problem! - Tim

jzubac

PostThu Feb 20, 2020 2:24 am

Thanks Tim! This will help me also :)
Josip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bouquillon

PostTue Apr 11, 2023 4:28 pm

Hello,

I am running 8.1.1 on the recorder and the 8.3 Hyperdeck Setup program. I have tried changing settings but it does not update the date/time. I am connected by USB and Ethernet.

Return to Getting Started