Improting my video's

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Stephen O Neill

Improting my video's

PostThu Feb 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi guys

When i try to import vidoes from my SSD (bmcc) , When I get them on to my computer and try to play them all I get is " Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file " What do you think that I am doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated , Thank You.

Mike Flynn

Re: Improting my video's

PostThu Feb 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Windows does not play ProRes files natively. You will have to transcode it or playback inside resolve. Resolve should play it back fine.

Stephen O Neill

PostThu Feb 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Mike Flynn wrote:Windows does not play ProRes files natively. You will have to transcode it or playback inside resolve. Resolve should play it back fine.

Hi, and thank you

Can you expand on that please I don't know much about this stuff, are you saying that I put it back in to the camera, and do something there? and then how do I put it in to my computer , thanks friend.

Denny Smith

PostFri Feb 27, 2015 12:11 am

You have to "import" the files into your editing program, like Resolve or Resolve LTE. Your camera creates ProRes or Raw files when you shoot. Only a Mac computer can preview play the ProRes files, Windows computers to not support ProRes files directly, you need to "convert" them first by using a computer program, not your camera.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Stephen O Neill

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Thank you Danny , good on you buddy.

errolcalme

PostMon Mar 30, 2015 10:36 am

Hello I just want to ask if there is any possible way on inserting a video format in the "Media Player 1 & 2". I know for the fact that it only plays a jpeg or a png file. If it is impossible, can you suggest?

as of now were using another laptop and a microsoft powerpoint just to play a video..

thanks in advance

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostMon Mar 30, 2015 5:02 pm

No it´s not possible, it´s stills only in the media player.
Another computer running caspar CG connected with a hdmi-cable are a good solution getting video into the Atem switchers.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

Return to Getting Started