Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 modify video onfly

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jorge_lsm

Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 modify video onfly

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi,

I am doing some research to use a Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 to capture some video, write some data on this video (i.e text with some info about the video) and send it to the video output. I am trying to do it on the fly. But when I enable VideoInput and VideoOutput the video goes stright to the output.

I modify the frame in the VideoInputFrameArrived and I schedule it to the output but the video output is the same than the video input.

So my cuestion is, is it possible to capture some video, write some data on it and send it to the output in al most real time (some delay do not matter) with this device?

Thanks for your help.

Mike Squires

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 modify video onfly

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm

It may be possible with CasparCG, not sure if it will allow the Intensity as a video device.

Livestream should be able to do it also.

jorge_lsm

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Mike Squires wrote:It may be possible with CasparCG, not sure if it will allow the Intensity as a video device.

Livestream should be able to do it also.

I am using the SDK, I am a developer, I need to make an aplication.

Christine Peterson

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 6:08 pm

jorge_lsm wrote:I am using the SDK, I am a developer, I need to make an aplication.

In that case, you might want to try contacting the Developer List: http://lists.blackmagic-design.com/mail ... -developer

That's going to be your best bet for SDK questions.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

JohnBengston

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Jorge_lsm,

I'd advise you to think twice and read the T&C's very carefully before joining the BMD-Developer list.

If you do choose to join be very careful about what you say on it. You might be better asking your questions on other public forums where you are most likely to get accurate answers to your questions.

Try the ATEMUser developer forum, as friendly people there will answer your questions with no strings attached.

But to actually answer your question quickly. All Single channel Decklink and Intensity cards only support either Capturing or Outputting, not both simultaneously. You need a Decklink Duo to capture on one channel and schedule your frames on the second.

Alternatively you can on some cards use an internal keyer to key graphics or a computer generated stream over the top of the incoming video, however you cannot alter the incoming video, nor can you capture the incoming video when in Keyer mode.

Best Wishes

John

Return to Getting Started