media express problem(or bmcc?)

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Mihail Irich

media express problem(or bmcc?)

PostSun Mar 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Good day! I got a problem with my BMCC 2.5k and mini-recorder. When i try to make a record with Media Express, i got such issue: when the camera moves fast or an object moves fast in the frame, some very thin horizontal stripes are appearing on video, also the picture may lag or tremble. I'm recording the video on a SSD, which is completely fitting the requirements and it is working fine when i use it in camera to write RAW video. My PC: i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, so all seems to be fine, but i got this issue as on 25, so on 29.97fps. I've tried another bmcc cameras, firmware on both of them, and still got the same. Can you please tell me, in which direction should i look to understand what is happening?

Mihail Irich

Re: media express problem(or bmcc?)

PostThu Apr 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Hello
I-ve found the source of the problems I've previously mentioned.
I use Windows 7 and those stripes appear in media express as I turn the aero/desktop composition off. I tried this on three different computers with Windows 7 with different GPU and every time the result was the same. Could you tell if it's kind of decklinc drivers' distinctive feature? Can this problem be fixed somehow as those who have aero turned off would experience this problem?

Return to Getting Started