Help SuperSource Flickering every input

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Paul Mondragon

Help SuperSource Flickering every input

PostFri Apr 17, 2015 8:26 pm

As the title says, all my sources on the Supersource shows that they're flickering, but when I select each one without the supersource, they work fine (have been for the last 5 days)

For demonstration, I have recorded this video and uploaded it on youtube but I cannot post videos it seems.

I put a still image from the folder samples to show even when selecting media it shows flickering.

I'm using the ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K, all of my sources (4 Cameras and the computer duplicated screen are all set to 1080p 25) are connected to the ATEM, and also my ATEM is set to 1080p 25 and are connected through SDI cables, only 1 SDI cable is more than 10 feet long (but even then, you can see on the video that the camera is showing fine connected to the ATEM), the other 3 cameras have cables no longer that 2 feet long.

Please help, as yesterday when I set the supersource it was working fine.
Last edited by Paul Mondragon on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Paul Mondragon

Re: Help SuperSource Flickering every source

PostSat Apr 18, 2015 11:48 pm

this is the video:

In the right the monitor of my computer controlling the ATEM software and to the left, is the monitor showing program.
at first I show that independently the cameras and the captured video of my computer are working fine, then when switching to supersource, they flicker and the media file too.

Sean Hinds

Re: Help SuperSource Flickering every input

PostWed Jul 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Have you ever found the fix to this? I'm new to Blackmagic and am currently having the exact problem.

Jared Egli

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 3:28 am

I've been having this issue with multiple units. Has anyone gotten support from Blackmagic on this issue or had any progress on their own? I've got BMD scratching their heads on this issue. HELP!

50Day-io

PostFri Dec 28, 2018 4:54 pm

I am experiencing this exact same issue with a brand new ATEM ME 2 4K. Were you able to resolve this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Xtreemtec

PostFri Dec 28, 2018 9:53 pm

50Day-io wrote:I am experiencing this exact same issue with a brand new ATEM ME 2 4K. Were you able to resolve this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Contact your reseller. If you run the latest software and experience this the unit needs to be send back to BMD. This is not normal behavior and you can not fix this yourself if it runs the latest firmware.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Robert Betzner

PostSat Dec 29, 2018 9:59 am

I have the same issue with our 4k 2ME switcher.

Usually it goes away after some minutes. But it is very annoying and this makes the use of our 2ME not very reliable.

Seems like a lot of these units have that problem.

Anyone from BMD with a clue?

Cheers

Robert

robb1214

PostMon Jun 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Hey Paul Mondragon, did you ever get an answer on this issue?

alvancamp

PostThu May 06, 2021 8:17 pm

I am suddenly experiencing this issue as well, also with an ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K. I've had this ATEM for several years before it began exhibiting this problem. Here is a video of the problem in action: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mLPyWoqJFPq2MbNu7

andrewxgraham@gmail.com

PostSat Sep 17, 2022 5:42 am

I’m having this issue right now. Is there any solution!?? Need to know if this unit is defective asap

Return to Live Production