480i Capture w/ Black Magic Intensity Shuttle?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Yeomans

480i Capture w/ Black Magic Intensity Shuttle?

PostTue Dec 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Now, I know this question has been asked several times, however, I am not here to complain about the issue not being resolved. I simply am here to ask if there is an acceptable workaround so that I can record video from sources that are 480i (NES, SNES, N64, etc.) on my Intensity Shuttle? It doesn't have to be the most beautiful solution, but as long as it doesn't break the bank and allows me to capture footage from my retro consoles, I'll be happy.

I should outline how the issue appears for me: My setup is an N64 connected via Composite Video / Analog Audio to the Shuttle, which then outputs to my HDTV using the same type of cables. The device is then connected via. USB 3.0 to my motherboard (my motherboard supports USB 3.0 and the drivers are up to date). When I have the Media Express open, the video doesn't appear in the program (in playback, capture, or edit to tape), and it appears on my television, however, the video "scrolls" down the screen (the video is constantly moving down, and when part of the video goes past the bottom of the screen, it starts moving down from the top of the screen, like a scroll).

I have tested my Wii on the Shuttle, and it works fine, so I know the device is not defunct.

Thank you for your support, and all help is greatly appreciated.

Return to Getting Started