How do i get my Intensity Extreme to work

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

freddywars

How do i get my Intensity Extreme to work

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 am

Hey guys,

I just bought a Intensity pro off the internet, it came with all the part it is suppose to come with.
But I was watching how to set it up on youtube but all the videos said to use a thunderbolt cable. The reason for this was because they were using an apple mac. The device is able to be used on a windows pc (the reason why i bought it) but i dont know how to get it to work. :oops: so can anyone help me try and fix it? All i want to do is record my playstation games. aka PS3

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: How do i get my Intensity Extreme to work

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 am

The Intensity Extreme and the Intensity Pro are two different products. The Intensity Extreme uses a Thunderbolt cable to connect to either a Mac or a PC that is equipped with Thunderbolt. The Intensity Pro is a PCIe card that installs internally to a Mac, Windows, or Linux computer with PCIe slots.

After physically installing the hardware, you will want to download our Desktop Video driver. For Windows, the current version is 9.6.8 and can be found via our Support site here: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

There is also a manual included to help you get things set up.

Do note that if you are recording PS3 gameplay, the HDMI output will not work due to HDCP encryption on the PS3's output. You can, however, use the composite or component output of the PS3. You will just need to go into the PS3 display settings and choose a resolution that is compatible with the Intensity, such as 480i59.94, 720p59.94, or 1080i59.94 for example, and adjust your capture software settings accordingly.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Return to Getting Started