Is my system compatible with the Intensity pro PCI?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

VanZark

Is my system compatible with the Intensity pro PCI?

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 am

Should it work with these specs?

Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Processor
ASUS P9X79 LE Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB)
ASUS Radeon HD 7870

VanZark

Re: Is my system compatible with the Intensity pro PCI?

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 am

I have my wii hooked up to it but all i get is a blackscreen in the media express application. I have the 9.6.8.0 driver installed and my computer is detecting it fine. I even spent all last night ajusting all the settings to see if that would work but still nothing...

VanZark

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 2:35 am

Any help or tips would be appreciated. Else my only other option will be to return it for the Avermedia... :?

Darrell Sim

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 4:51 am

Which video format have you selected in Media Express? I'm not too familiar on what video formats the Wii outputs, so I reckon you might have to search the Internet and choose a common video format in which Media Express and Wii can support.

Please also do remember to adjust the settings in Desktop Video. If you are using HDMI or Component, kindly remember to change the Input settings accordingly.

For more information, you can also refer to the manual which is available free for download on our support link. There's information on how to configure Desktop Video and Media Express accordingly.
Darrell Sim
Support Engineer
Blackmagic Design Asia
support-asia@blackmagicdesign.com

VanZark

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 pm

I've pretty much tried all the video format options in Media Express. The Wii outputs either 480p or 480i. I couldn't find those options in the media express list. The lowest I could find was 720p.

In Desktop video I have the input set to "component video & analog RCA audio". I also made sure I plugged the component wire into all the right inputs.

I'll take another look at the manual but there must be something else that im missing... is it possible that its just not compatible with my setup?

Return to Getting Started