File date/time stamp for Hyperdeck files

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

RussLIght

File date/time stamp for Hyperdeck files

PostMon Jul 27, 2015 6:22 pm

All,
When I remove a SSD from the Hyperdeck and connect to a computer for download I notice the files have a fairly correct date/time stamp. However I can find no reference to setting a real time clock on the Hyperdeck.

Questions:
1) Where does the Hyperdeck get its real time clock information from for time stamping files?
2) Is there a way to set the real time clock in the Hyperdeck?

Matt Moon

Re: File date/time stamp for Hyperdeck files

PostWed Nov 25, 2015 5:05 pm

I record off of a BM TVS and I've never been able to get my Hyperdeck to get the right date stamp. Ever. It looks like it's a problem for some but I've never seen BM address it.

recordlikedaniel

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 6:31 pm

I know this is an old thread, but was there ever a solution to this? I am having the same problem with the current Hyperdeck Studio. I cannot find anything in the manual regarding setting the time either. I find it surprising that I can spend $1000 for a piece of equipment yet not be able to set the date.

Has anyone solved this? Why is the date close but not correct? In my case the date stamp is in the future!

Xtreemtec

PostTue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 am

The new hyperdeck mini's will sync the date and time when connected to the USb with a computer and use the hyperdeck software.

But filenameing is still an issue..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started