what is black magic's return policy

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

brojooo

what is black magic's return policy

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 1:00 am

i have a problem where my computer isnt compatible and want to return it but can find the return policy

Grizzly

Re: what is black magic's return policy

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 9:42 am

I don't think that Blackmagic sell directly to customers, so your question really should be directed to whichever reseller you purchased the product from.

Christine Peterson

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Grizzly wrote:I don't think that Blackmagic sell directly to customers, so your question really should be directed to whichever reseller you purchased the product from.

This is correct. I hope you're able to work it out with your reseller!
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Micky Cheng

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 4:14 pm

The really Funny thing is , I bought the ATEM at Dec 24 and test it in that night, However the HDMI slot 2 is not working, then I go back to the store next day within 24 hours in Hong Kong. They tested and the result is the same, HDMI 2 is not work .
Then they ship it back to Singapore. The result coming back is all fine and the unit will return to HK, Then I ask the staff at the shop, They said nothing can do if the HDMI 2 still not work because they test it ok, we use 3 computer and 2 camera and 2 short HDMI cable to tested (we tested in the shop) , same result. Hope the unit coming back is fine.
What are great service of BLACKMAGIC , I spend $1000 US for the unit and get the service like this. If the HDMI still not working this time, and I know I can not get any refund of this , I will do all the test with different computer, cable and cameras, and help to promote this Unit in HK and China, let the people know that how great of this unit. Thanks

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Okee you say you tested it with 5 devices?

Just a simple test as what i would do as an engineer.

Does the input device works on port 2 and 4? Plug it back into port 2. Doesn't work then the unit is faulty. (maybe a bad solder connection or something (which can go away while shipping))

You don't need to test with 5 devices if 2 devices work on the other ports.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Eddie Wee

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 am

Hi Micky,
I remembered testing your ATEM TV Studio. We did plugin a video source from a Hyperdeck Shuttle into the Input 2 of your ATEM TV Studio and it show up on the multi viewer. I did asked the engineer who tested your TV studio to take a photo of the test showing you that it was working. I wonder if the reseller has shown you the photo.
We treat every RMA case seriously. If there is a problem with the device, we will replace one immediately.
Please try again at your side to see if the problem still exists.

Micky Cheng

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Thank you Eddie.
I got the photo, I know you guys tested the unit and it work fine. Today the reseller got the unit back and tested again, still not work , the Reseller don't even border me to pick up the unit and they said it will order me a new ATEM.

Thaddy Teo

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 am

Hi Micky,

Thank you for your highlight! Just a quick update, we are currently in talks with the reseller. It looks like there are some shipping damage done to the item on its way back to HongKong. They have send us an email (with Pictures) on it and we will be sending another replacement out to you today. The reseller should be contacting you shortly after this post.

As you are based in HK, please do feel free to drop as an email at support-asia@blackmagicdesign.com. As this will to ensure that you will have the fastest support possible within the timezone.

Best Regards,
Thaddy

Return to Getting Started