Shuttle Input/Output Question

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

sonicadvdx

Shuttle Input/Output Question

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 am

When using the Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt), can you mix inputs/outputs?

For example, one of my televisions only has HDMI inputs. Could I hook a component, composite, or s-video source into the Shuttle's Input, and play it on my TV through the Shuttle's HDMI Output? (And record the footage using a Mac/Thunderbolt, of course.) I know upscaling can be an issue with some devices, and this feature isn't exactly advertised, as far as I can tell, but I was still curious. It would be nice to be able to play all of my older consoles on an HD TV and capture the footage.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Squires

Re: Shuttle Input/Output Question

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 4:16 pm

I know on the USB 3.0 version of the Shuttle, all outputs are active all the time.

sonicadvdx

Re: Shuttle Input/Output Question

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Mike Squires wrote:I know on the USB 3.0 version of the Shuttle, all outputs are active all the time.

Well, that's good news! Surely if the USB version can do it, the more-expensive/faster-medium product would be able to do it... I hope. :shock:

If anybody owns the Thunderbolt Shuttle and could help confirm this for me, I would greatly appreciate it! I'd like to know for sure what I'm getting, after all. :P

Return to Getting Started