casting iPad games with BMIP Intensity Pro

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Druminfected

casting iPad games with BMIP Intensity Pro

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 3:09 am

Hello and thanks for reading this.

I have a lot of games on my iPad 3 and wanted to cast them via a streaming site I stream 360/PS3 games on, so I bought the 30pin to component cable and hooked it up, but I'm not getting any picture at all on it and have tried all of the video input selections in the settings, with no luck.

I would really like to figure out how to do this, and if any one could help I would greatly appreciate it. thanks so much for your time and help. :)

I'm using BMIP intensity pro with xsplit on windows 7.

Druminfected

Re: casting iPad games with BMIP Intensity Pro

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 6:12 pm

I didn't get a reply yet so did more research and a mod from xsplit forums said that, " Second and third gen iPads run at 2048×1536. Neither of these resolutions is supported by the BMIP, which is limited to progressive and interlaced variations of 1920x1080 and 1280x720"

If this is true, are any of the other Blackmagic Products support 2048x1536 resolution so I can broadcast my Ipad gaming?

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm

No every capture hardware from BM have those input resolutions.

In the past i have seen Ipad presentations trough a apple TV (which has HDMI 1920x1080 ouput) working on a BM atem1 video mixer.

Also confirm that your second screen has output with the games.

iPads / iPhones behave different on the extended output compared to a laptop or pc were you can clone the screen. Ipad's and iphones normally send out video bij external port when running a presentation or video. Otherwise it is blacked out. (at least at the iphone 3 and 4. ipad 1 and 2) did not see a ipad 3 yet...
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dennis Sädtler

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 7:05 pm

A short Google Search and I found this:

The author of the Video claims that he is able to record 1080p30 from the iPad 3 using the MD098ZM/A Dock-Connector -> HDMI Adapter and the Intensity Pro.

Druminfected

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Dennis Sädtler wrote:A short Google Search and I found this:

The author of the Video claims that he is able to record 1080p30 from the iPad 3 using the MD098ZM/A Dock-Connector -> HDMI Adapter and the Intensity Pro.

Very awesome! I'll take a look and see if that is workable for me. Thanks again very much appreicated, and if any of the blackmagic mods can give me info on the supported resolutions would be great.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Easy just use the support on the website. And you can find almost anything you need to know>

SD Format Support
625i/50 PAL and 525i/59.94 NTSC. 625i/50, 625p PAL and 525i/59.94, 525p NTSC, 480p.

HD Format Support
1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60.

If every resolution works on your desktop depends on your hardware of the system. But yes it is possible.
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Druminfected

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:
Also confirm that your second screen has output with the games.

iPads / iPhones behave different on the extended output compared to a laptop or pc were you can clone the screen. Ipad's and iphones normally send out video bij external port when running a presentation or video. Otherwise it is blacked out. (at least at the iphone 3 and 4. ipad 1 and 2) did not see a ipad 3 yet...

Thanks so much for your input xtreemtec! can you explain a little more on what you mean about ipads normally sening out video bij? external port? you say otherwise it's blacked out, so I'm wondering how I can resolve this and get it to work with my 30pin to component. Hopefully i won't need to get the 30pin to hdmi as recommended by dennis.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Okee simpely said: Connect the cable to your TV and check if you run the games you want to present / stream. If you have video output on your TV it is okee.. (can be that the ipad 3 has more grafick processing power to do both screen and external output.)

My experience is that on a ipad 2 or iphone 4 the external output in normal idle state of the ipad does not output any video.

When i start youtube player. Then the external output gets active and start putting out video. So simple check.. Hook it up to your LCD TV or something. and start your games. If you have video on your LCD it is oke. Then only the output resolution and framerate does matter to get everything working.. :)

Druminfected

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 am

Hello everyone just a update. I got the apple digital A/V hdmi adapter replacing the one I had, and I tried to stream via xsplit but the video doesn't show up. I opened up Media express and selected 1080p @ 30fps and it works in there, but when I try and select it in xsplit, it's not even available as an option to select.

Does anyone know how I can get this option to be selectable at 1080p @ 30fps? If I could select that, then everything would work. BMIP states that it supports that setting resolution as well.

Thanks for all your help!

UPDATE:
i opened up flash media encoder and selected "blackmagic wdm capture" and video capture comes up on that setting, but the decklink video capture is just a black screen like on xsplit. Also if I try and add a blackmagic wdm capture scene on xsplit (by selecting blackmagic wdm capture instead of the decklink one) it just pops up saying camera can't be found, but it DOES come up like i said on flash media encoder 3.2

Druminfected

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 6:41 am

Another update! good news and bad......

I finally got it to work on xsplit via "blackmagic WDM capture" at 1080p @ 30fps, but now ran into another issue! Now I see the video capture fine, but now the audio is all stuttering/crackle like sound. I'm using the hdmi video and hdmi audio input setting in the blackmagic design control panel for this as well.

Any help on getting this audio issue fixed and then this issue will finally be solved and I'll be a happy man after trying to get this to work for weeks!

Druminfected

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 am

anybody know what this audio issue could be?

Return to Getting Started