Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - HDMI not visible

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jdonald

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - HDMI not visible

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 am

I am playing HD 1080 video out of my Sony HDR-HC5E PAL camcorder using the HDMI socket. When I plug into an external monitor I see the video fine. When I connect to the HDMI in on my Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt I see no signal in Media Express to capture, nor when I connect HDMI out on the Intensity Shuttle to my external monitor do I see any signal. I am using an iMac which under System Information sees the Thunderbolt connection fine (see bottom of post for details). :

Any suggestions as to what is wrong or how to troubleshoot this?

Intensity Shuttle TB:

Vendor Name: Blackmagic Design
Device Name: Intensity Shuttle TB
Vendor ID: 0x4
Device ID: 0xA126
Device Revision: 0x1
UID: 0x00040000000E4E70
Route String: 3
Firmware Version: 5.2
Port:
Link Status: 2
Port Micro Firmware Version: 0.2.5
Cable Firmware Version: 0.1.18

miguelandorffy

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - HDMI not visible

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 pm

I have the same problem.

lloyd

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - HDMI not visible

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 8:41 pm

I have had a similar problem with my Intensity Pro and my problem was caused by two things. Firstly, the Intensity doesn't automatically match the display settings of the device it is monitoring so you have to set the display settings in Media Express exactly right or you will only get a black screen. Secondly, some consumer electronics lie about the display settings they are using. For me, everything seems to say 1080i60, when it is really doing 1080i59.94. Since the display settings in Media Express must be exactly correct, you can see how this is not helpful.

I had to go through every single display setting in Media Express in order to find what settings my devices were actually using.

Cheers,
Lloyd

Return to Getting Started