Wont Recognize BM intensity shuttle USB3 as capture device?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

kado55

Wont Recognize BM intensity shuttle USB3 as capture device?

PostSun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 am

I have an Alienware Laptop (M14x)(Windows 7) and I have just recently received my intensity shuttle USB 3.0 in the mail. I'm trying to get it all to work but my current problem seems to be that my Computer doesn't seem to recognize the intensity shuttle as a capture card and therefore it doesn't show up as an option to record from in the Programs. It seems like a driver problem or something. Can someone please help me with what I may need to do or get that will fix this problem I have?

Necrodox

Re: Wont Recognize BM intensity shuttle USB3 as capture devi

PostSun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Try re-installing all of your USB 3.0 driver software for your laptop, after that proceed to install the Intensity software from the support page and you should be dandy. Be sure to try different ports, some might not work and others will.

Let me know how it works out, I would also recommend getting USB 3.0 drivers from the source company as opposed to downloading it from Dell.

Kudos.

kado55

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 8:32 pm

how exactly would I go about doing that? Im somewhat capable at handling computers but the very specific details Im just not completely sure how to, like finding and changing specific drivers.

btw, my laptop only has one usb 3.0 port, the others are 2.0

Aaron Star

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 am

What Necrodox said.

I would get something like "speccy" and post your system specs to the site. Post only the system specs not all the OS rambling and other hoopla. Looking for chipset, video card, USB info. Only then could someone help you determine where to look for updates.

Just a thought.
Aaron

kado55

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 1:12 am

Well I called in today and talked to tech support, we went through a lot of updating, reinstalling, and other trouble shooting, over all we figured my computer is just not able to handle it so i am currently looking to either send it back to who I got it from or sell it somewhere like amazon. :/

D W Tnow

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 am

Intensity shuttle is a simple plug and play system and all you need to do is to meet the specs. I just got my first and it works on all my systems with no hassle

Mike Squires

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 pm

This person got an Alienware M18x to work, maybe the driver will help you:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4270

Xtreemtec

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Check out this topic for compatible laptops that work with the intensity>
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4277
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started