Intensity Pro Driver Installation Problems

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

WickedJester

Intensity Pro Driver Installation Problems

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 pm

I cannot install the Intensity Pro drivers on my PC. I am running Windows 8 and understand it is compatible. I get two instances. One, when I try to install the drivers and associated software, it fails altogether during the installation attempt. It will go through the installation process and ask me to reboot upon completion. However, when I restart and check the Device Manager, nothing is installed. No drivers listed. Two, after giving up on the installation the device is automatically detected by Windows and appears in the Device Manager. However, when I restart the PC the driver is removed. After reading some forum entries, I get the sense there is some type of driver conflict and should update all drivers on my PC. Is there any way to determine where conflicts may arise so I can pinpoint those updates or changes? I am attempting to install the latest file - DesktopVideo_9.6.8. Any assistance on installation tips is appreciated.

WickedJester

Re: Intensity Pro Driver Installation Problems

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 pm

As a follow up, the drivers will automatically - or magically - install while the PC sits idle. I can see all the drivers in Device Manager. I am then prompted to perform a driver update through a dialog box that automatically appears. So, somehow things get installed and the system sees that the drivers needed updated. hen I click the 'Update Now' button to perform the task it will start. Then the update process fails. Another message box appear telling me it can't perform the update. I am prompted to restart and try reinstalling. However, when I restart and go to Device Manager, all the drivers have been removed. I can't manually install. Any ideas why it's automatically recognizing the drivers while the PC sits idle and then subsequently cannot update when prompted by the Blackmagic software?

Return to Getting Started