Ultrastudio Pro Dropped frames

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

PAlex

Ultrastudio Pro Dropped frames

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Hello,

I recently bought an Ultrastudio Pro and connected it to a PC but i'm getting some dropouts... even while not recording; i've got all drivers updated... Even the renesas USB 3.0 (Driver 2.1.36.0 - Firmware 3028)

i'm using the Ultrastudio to record a feed from a Panasonic AV-HS450N, and start editing immediatly after, on Premiere CS5.5.

i'm recording 1080i / 50 - DVCproHD

This is my setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Rev. 2.0
Processor: I7 960 - 3.2Ghz
RAM: Kingston 2x 4GB DDR3 1333 CL9
Graphic: VGA Asus ENGTX550 Ti DC (on lane x16 gen2)
HDD (system): WD 1TB 64Mb - 6GB/s
HDD (record) - Stardom RAID 0

I'm really out of ideas / solutions...

What could it be?
Last edited by PAlex on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Mees

Re: Ultrastudio Pro Dropout

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey PAlex

By dropout are we talking about dropped frames? Capture and playback ... using which software/utility? Have you checked your scratch disk/media drive speed? Do you have an alternative drive you can test with? And if/when you take the UltraStudio Pro out of the equation then all ok?

Sorry, I don't have a USP I can test with but these seemed like some pertinent questions.

Best of luck
Andy
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

PAlex

Re: Ultrastudio Pro Dropped frames

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello Andy,

Yes, we're talking about dropped frames...

I tried with Media Express (latest version) and with Premiere Capture... it happens even when the system is idle...

I tried with two RAID 0; one from Stardom and other from G-Tech and both are able to record 1080i50 - DVCProHD codec...

i can't take the Ultrastudio out because i don't have any other Capture device with SDI In...

Thanks

Paul

Return to Getting Started