No Support From BlackMagic Design

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

DSkey

No Support From BlackMagic Design

PostFri Jan 18, 2013 11:20 pm

While the forum is a great place to share information, as a customer I would expect some sort of support from a supplier.

Have I missed something - There is no support contact information and no way to get support from Black Magic.

The product I've purchased doesn't work.

Blackmagic - hello - is any one home .........

mdubuque

Re: No Support From BlackMagic Design

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

I think the forum is new and it takes time to build a community.

Personally, I approach asking for technical help kind of like going to the doctor. I tell the doctor a bit of history and what my symptoms are and then the doctor speaks.

So you might want to go into just a bit more detail.

It's kind of tricky responding to only the words "da Vinci doesn't work".

It can be as difficult as being asked to answer "How long is my piece of string?"

Just a thought.

I'm new here and I'm thankful we at least have a community to learn together.

DSkey

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Yes point taken, My post was written in frustration.
But I do feel a user forum should not be used by a supplier as a substitute to a ticket support system.

I have posted detailed information of my problem in another area and read many posts from user's with similar problem. My aim was to raise the question of support, not the technical issue.

Thanks for reading the post and responding

Christine Peterson

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 pm

DSkey wrote:While the forum is a great place to share information, as a customer I would expect some sort of support from a supplier.

Have I missed something - There is no support contact information and no way to get support from Black Magic.

The product I've purchased doesn't work.

Blackmagic - hello - is any one home .........

If you need urgent help, I would suggest calling your local support office directly. The phone numbers for our regional support offices can be found on our Company Page. Or, you can email the support team by choosing your product on the Support Page and then clicking the "Send Request" button in the lower right of your screen.

This forum was created as a place for Blackmagic customers to share their experiences with our products and give each other advice. Our support representatives respond to issues reported here when they can, but if you have an urgent issue, I would definitely recommend calling your local office or your reseller.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Return to Getting Started