Firmware Upgrade Error - No Install

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

WickedJester

Firmware Upgrade Error - No Install

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 pm

I am prompted to upgrade the firmware of the Intensity Pro drivers during installation. A dialog box appears indicating so and I approve. It begins installation but fails every time with the following error:

An error has occurred that has prevented the firmware on your Intensity Pro from being upgraded. Try restarting your computer and upgrading the firmware again.

Following the recommendation above does nothing and no drivers whatsoever are installed and the card is not functional. I am attempting to install the card on a new PC with Windows 8. It previously ran on my Windows 7 machine. Clearly there is some type of software/hardware conflict. How can I possibly pinpoint that conflict and remedy in order to install the drivers and software?

Daniel Peixinho

Re: Firmware Upgrade Error - No Install

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello I'm Daniel, I'm Brazilian. This has happened to me in ATEM Television Studio, but my PC Windows 8 recognized the USB port. I managed to solve this problem by connecting the USB cable to a MacBook Pro and open the program "ATEM Setup Utility". he asked to update the firmware, and I clicked "update now". He began to update the firmware, and usually named after the update. This happened today, 2:25 a.m..
I hope I helped.
Daniel Peixinho
PS: Excuse the typos, I'm translating by Google Translate.

Mike Squires

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:15 pm

The problem is within Windows 8. Microsoft totally controls the USB 3.0 driver, and you can't install the latest drivers from other sources.

My opinion is to go back to Windows 7.

Daniel Peixinho

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 10:02 pm

No need, Windows 8 is faster than Windows 7.
My PC is Windows 8 and can play videos in Full HD normally.
My settings are: Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 500GB 7200 rpm, 400W ATX power.
The Problem of your ATEM was the update.
You could turn it on after my tip? :?:
Daniel Peixinho

Mike Squires

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 12:24 am

Not to argue, but Vista could play full 1080p videos with a Core2Duo just fine also, that's not an OS thing.

Windows 8 has some serious problems with the implementation/control of drivers. For the time being, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

While your tip is appreciated, and I'm glad it works, but not everyone may have access to another PC or Mac to do this.

Return to Getting Started