Desktop Video 10.6.2 and Media Express problem

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Colin Barrett

Re: Desktop Video 10.6.2 and Media Express problem

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 10:55 am

When I was experiencing this problem, no footage would be lost but I did often find that Media Express would fail to close off the file properly at the endcof the capture and therefore the resulting file would be corrupted and therefore unplayable. The last time this happened (before I rolled back Desktop Video) the capture was 120 minutes - very annoying!
Blackmagic Teranex 2D, Ultrastudio Express, Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt), Two H.264 Pro Recorders (Mac OSX) & lots of old VTRs used for digital archiving of legacy video formats for major libraries, broadcasters, universities and public archives.

Peter Versteeg

Re: Desktop Video 10.6.2 and Media Express problem

PostFri May 19, 2017 11:15 am

Thanks for all your insights in this matter. I experienced the same problem with an Intensity Pro 4K on a Windows 7 machine. First I thought it was due to a lack of power in my PC, but then I found out that the actual recording of the video and audio went well, even when the audio meters froze.

Downgrading to the 10.5.4. version was the solution to my problem. It now works like a charm! :D
Previous

Return to Getting Started