Cannot install Desktop Video 9.6.1

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
TonyZhong

Cannot install Desktop Video 9.6.1

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 3:17 pm

The installation process always stops at this level

Why?

Intensity Pro
CPU: Xeon E1230 v2

I think it is Abobe CS 6 that disturbed the installation. To prove my thought, I reinstalled Windows 7, and succeed installing Desktop Video.

But the problem is still unsolved. Premiere should be installed before Desktop Video, right? So, install Premiere, uninstall Desktop video, reinstall Desktop Video, the installation stops.

How to Solve it?

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Cannot install Desktop Video 9.6.1

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Interesting.

You are correct, you should have Adobe installed prior to install our drivers (or do a reinstall of our drivers as you mentioned).

But the fact that it is stalling is odd. It's almost as if it wants to write a file and can't. Maybe a directory doesn't exist and the installer can't place the file. Did you do anything special with the install? For Example did you install it in a different location? Did you choose not to install certain components? Just curious as to what would cause this.

Either way, below is a way to manually install the plug-in files which will help get you up and running immediately.
Location of BMD plug-in files:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic Desktop Video\Premiere Support\6.0

This folder contains all the plug-ins needed to manually install Desktop Video into Premiere. There are also two zip files containing the presets, one for Decklink Series and one for Intensity Series. Extract the set appropriate for you. Once extracted you will have two additional folders called Settings and MediaIO

Copy the plug-in files listed below into the following location:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plugin-ins\CS6\MediaCore (this is the default Install location, if your is different copy these files to your install location).
  • BMDDeviceControl.prm
  • BMDImport.prm
  • BMDExport.prm
  • BMDRecord.prm
  • BMDPlayer.prm (CS5 & CS5.5 only)

Copy the plug-in file listed below to the following location:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plugin-ins\CS6\MediaCore
  • BMDTransmit.prm (CS6 only) - MUST reside in the above location. It's location will be the same regardless of your install path.

Copy the Editing Mode file listed below to the following location:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Settings\Editing Modes
  • Blackmagic Editing Mode.xml

Copy the Preset Folders listed below into the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
  • MediaIO (copy entire folder)
  • Settings (copy entire folder)

Keep in mind if you do this wrong, you will spontaneously combust which will cause a worm hole which will deeply and critically impact the space time continuum.

Okay...just kidding. The above can look a little daunting, but it really is just copying files into the listed folders. If you feel uncomfortable with that, just give us a ring and one of the techs will walk you through it.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

TonyZhong

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 1:52 pm

Thank you Joshua, it really works.

But my captured clips have no audio as I selected the "HDMI Video & HDMI Audio" input option, I can only capture audio for the "Analog RCA Audio" input option.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

20120831214229.jpg
20120831214229.jpg (51.42 KiB) Viewed 5718 times

Joshua Helling wrote:Interesting.

You are correct, you should have Adobe installed prior to install our drivers (or do a reinstall of our drivers as you mentioned).

But the fact that it is stalling is odd. It's almost as if it wants to write a file and can't. Maybe a directory doesn't exist and the installer can't place the file. Did you do anything special with the install? For Example did you install it in a different location? Did you choose not to install certain components? Just curious as to what would cause this.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Is the HDMI audio encoded? Like does it have surround sound on it? If it does it wont likely work, but i'd expect for you to get garbage audio and not non at all.

If you can set whatever device you are using to output as LPCM audio and give it another try that would help us figure this out.

Glad you got your Premiere going.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started