Black Magic Intensity Pro Ubuntu 16.04 help

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dexter Patten

Black Magic Intensity Pro Ubuntu 16.04 help

PostFri May 06, 2016 11:11 am

Hey there, I use the Blackmagic intensity Pro for my youtube channel - a mixture of Linux and gaming. I initially tried to install the drivers I had on hand which were 10.4 to no avail. However, noticing that the drivers had been updated last tuesday I thought "oh, these will work" Still no luck. Mediaexpress doesn't output anything. Has anyone else had any luck with Ubuntu 16.04? Are there plans for a future driver update?

Cheers, Dexstar

lucas zamuner

Re: Black Magic Intensity Pro Ubuntu 16.04 help

PostThu May 26, 2016 8:43 am

Hello Dexter,

We are having issue with the desktopvideo_10.6.6a10_amd64 on Ubuntu 16.04 as well, this driver is installing without any error but no frame is going out the card. Neither from MediaExpress or direct DeckLink SDK access.
We have tried on the following cards without any luck :
- DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
- DeckLink Mini Recorder
- Intensity Pro 4K

Everything is wokring fine on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS though ( actually up to 15.10, all is good ).
But my company is looking forward integrating the 16.04 LTS so it would be nice to have a feedback from BM,
at least know if someone is working on that issue ? It would be a pleasure to provide config & logs if it could be of any help.

Thank you,

Yusuf Ismail

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 10:57 am

I seem to be running into this problem as well.

I have the Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k, am running Ubuntu 16.04 64bit fully updated.

I can successfully install Desktop Video 10.8 (which seems to be the latest at this time). However, I can't use any of the software. They start up just fine, but can't see my card.

Media Express complains with "Blackmagic hardware could not be found in your system. Please check the installation."

Desktop video complains with "No Desktop Video Device Detected."

I know my setup works, as it works fine in 15.10. However, I absolutely need it working in 16.04 and this cannot be compromised with. Any help BM?

Vick Kumar

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 3:23 am

Here follow this instructions and you are good:

sudo apt install mokutil
sudo mokutil --disable-validation

It will ask you the password 'remember it'
Reboot

You are good to go.

Hope this helps.

Return to Getting Started