new user needs system advice

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

JeffSterling

new user needs system advice

PostMon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Hello Black magic forum
I design and install audio video systems and just ordered 2 ATEM 4k system and a few boxes, I am setting up a multi room facility and using Panasonic PTZ cameras with SDI 3 rooms will tie in 2 rooms have ATEM 4k PTZ cameras and projection screens… I am looking at what I need in a Mac Pro for these to all connect and control together. I am somewhat new to this gear and have only done one other ATEM in a real basic system, this one is a bit more intricate.
this is what i am getting so far:
Main hall has 2 PTZ cams SDI-- to converters over cat5 to ATEM4k.. I will have a multi dock and a hyper deck and a smart duo monitor. We also have a H264 box to do some live streaming as well. We have a Nice MIDAS m32 digital console and also a couple Sennheiser stereo mics on the PTZ camsin the room to fold in as the audio.

Upper room 1 has ATEM4k and PTZ cam upper room 2 just a PTZ cam and A/V connections to other rooms and i have them all tied together with Cat-5 and Belden 1694A cabling as well as digital audio snakes between all 3 rooms.
Wiring is in and tested Digital audio system is up and running. I get the projection system and BlackMagic gear soon and was looking to get the right Mac to run it all.

I am looking for advice on what Mac Pro and whatever else I will need to make this happen.

we will use the free DaVinci software as it will not be that much production and when they get to a point we can get full software version. I need to be the one to know it all and help them get it going, they are NOT pro level just basic to none knowlege and I will try to make it a dummy system and it will be set up and always be the same… I Hope!

any help and advice is greatly appreciated..

thanks!

Return to Getting Started