HyperDeck Studio Pro

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Christoph Thalinger

HyperDeck Studio Pro

PostMon Jul 25, 2016 8:44 am

Hello Forum!

just a quick question about the HyperDeck Studio Pro. I couldn't find a SDI loop through. Is there a 6G SDI loop through on this model?

Thank you :D ,
Christoph

Scott Smith

Re: HyperDeck Studio Pro

PostThu Jul 28, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm pretty sure the Hyperdeck Studio Pro does not have looping outputs, but the regular Hyperdeck Studio does. You can optionally get a SDI Distribution 4K mini-converter that should act as a distribution amp to give you another video signal at that location instead of having a loop through.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Christoph Thalinger

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Hey Scott!

I ordered one HyperDeckStudio Pro 2 for testing, played around with it and tested the outputs!
If you hook up your camera to input A you can then hook up a monitor to any output or to "monitor".
If you choose Input on the display you will see the camera feed on the monitor. If you hit play & play clips from the SSD you will then see the played video on the monitor :)

Best regards,
Christoph

Scott Smith

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Yes, it has outputs. But not loop-throughs, which is what you asked. The outputs do show what you have selected as the input, provided you aren't in playback mode.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Return to Getting Started