Smartview 4K Luts via ethernet

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Timothy Kane

Smartview 4K Luts via ethernet

PostWed Aug 10, 2016 4:38 am

I see that this topic has already been brought up, but I don't see any resolution. I have a Smartview 4k Monitor. I would like to add LUTs to it. I connected via usb - but elsewhere on the forum someone said that you have to connect via ethernet cable in order to access the LUT loading. I tried the ethernet cable - the monitor is recognized as being there but the connection is never fully made. It keeps saying connecting and the icon spins but it never connects. I have tried 2 different ethernet cables. Same result. (tried both ports - the 4k has 2 ethernet ports.)

I am using windows 10. Smartview Utility 4.01

Any advice?

Dmitry Kitsov BMD

Blackmagic Design

Re: Smartview 4K Luts via ethernet

PostWed Aug 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Hello,
please try connecting over the USB first and make sure that the firmware on the monitor matches the software on the host computer system.

Most likely you will need to make sure that both your computer and the SmartView 4K are on the same network range.
Blackmagic Design Sr.Technical Support Engineer

Timothy Kane

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 3:56 am

That seems to have worked. Trying to load luts now. Thank you.

janis willbold

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 9:57 am

Hi, im trieing to connect my SmartView 4K via LAN to load Lots on it.But it searches without ever getting connected via LAN. I already connected the Monitor via USB, checked the Software version and thy match with Version4.

I don't get it done

any other advice?

Return to Getting Started