Intensity DirectPlay preveiw graph

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Clint Easterwood

Intensity DirectPlay preveiw graph

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Just wondering if anyone can help answer a question on a preview graph of live TV. I'm currently using the Intensity Shuttle USB and on one of our demo computers, the image seems to blur and tear much more so than on the development machines, and of course this machine is not nearly the same level of computer as the development machines.

My question here is which will provide more improvement, upgrading the GPU from an NVidia 210 HDMI series to a more current GPU series or upgrading the CPU from an I3 2120 to a faster CPU. Is the currently supported DirectPlay preview graph implementation more CPU or GPU intensive?

Thanks.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity DirectPlay preveiw graph

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 pm

As to which the preview is more CPU or GPU intensitive, you'd have to ask the developers list. You can sign up below.

http://lists.blackmagicdesign.com/mailm ... -developer

What I do know is that the preview is only drawn on the GPU, which means most accelerated graphics cards (read: not onboard) are capable of drawing a preview. But yeah, i'd ask the lists.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started