BMCC weird colorful lines please help

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Mert Amasyali

BMCC weird colorful lines please help

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello a couple days ago i got myself a 2.5k blackmagic cinema camera with ef mount. I shot a couple frames to test the video quaility but with each raw footage there are very weird lines appearing at different spots of the video. Here are some stills :

This happens on EVERY RAW VIDEO i shoot no exception. Doesn't happen in prores. I got the ssd and went to my friends house to test it in his computer and the error didnt happen. There were no lines like these on the SAME video on his computer. Weird thing is my pc and monitor is way better/powerful than his. I thought maybe i had something wrong in my computer and formatted it, deleted everything but the issue is still present. So the issue is probably in my computer or monitor. Im using sli gtx 980's as GPU and a samsung u28d590 4k monitor with a display port connection.
Also forgot to mention that im playing the video back on da vinci resolve. I played it back with da vinci resolve at my friends computer too and there were no problems , no lines on his..

Please help me guys :(

Mert Amasyali

Re: BMCC weird colorful lines please help

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 9:10 pm

I also uploaded the video so you guys can see it better

dev.d.filmmaker

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi,

I have the same issue, did you resolve the issue?
I just bought a used BMCC 2.5K and tried to shoot something in RAW, in my PC i see the same issue, kindly let me know what was exact problem as i am still in time to return the product if it has some issue.

video_01.JPG
video_01.JPG (37.67 KiB) Viewed 749 times

I saw the waveform also and colors are clipping. Please see the attachment.

video_02.JPG
video_02.JPG (39.25 KiB) Viewed 749 times

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Tufvesson

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 3:18 pm

These problems can be caused by a faulty GPU, bad GPU memory or insufficient power supply. Resolve causes high GPU load and can trigger problems not shown in other situations. Try playing back the material on another machine or upload a few DNG files so we can have a look.
Shoot - BMCC | BMPCC | BMPCC4K | BMVA | GH5
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor
Monitor - Decklink SDI, SDI Duo, SDI 4K, Intensity Pro
danieltufvesson.com/makeresolvedeb

Return to Getting Started