Smart VideoHub 16x16 software

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Frank Bokoski

Smart VideoHub 16x16 software

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Hello,
We've been using the Smart VideoHub 16x16 router for a couple of years now, but only using manually to switch routing. We are transitioning to be able to control the router remotely and I see that the 16x16 VideoHub appears to be discontinued.

We've misplaced the software disk that came with the router. Will the software for the newer model routers work with the 16x16 VideoHub? If not, where can I get a copy of the original software?

Thanks,
Frank

MambaFiber.com

Re: Smart VideoHub 16x16 software

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 4:34 pm

The latest software can be found on the support page of the BMD website. I am still using 6.3.3 on the older videohubs, works fine.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Frank Bokoski

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I'll try 6.3.3 and see if it works.

Frank

Valentin Lormeau

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi,
I'm bumping this thread for a simple question please.
I did the same thing than Frank and i installed the software to control my Videohub 16x16 (My Videohub crashes when i only use buttons on the panel, but works perfectly fine when USB is plugged, even with panel, strange, but, okay.)
The videohub Setup says my software version is "Earlier than 6.3.4" but i never got any prompt to update my videohub. Since i believe updating firmware might resolve this crashing bug when i use only panel, i wanted to try installing firmware, is there any way to force firmware update ?
Thanks in advance for any insight on the matter
regards
Valentin

Return to Getting Started