Web Presenter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

DuncanUnderwood

Web Presenter

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 5:25 am

The only buttons that work on my web presenter is the switching buttons 1 and 2. none of the other buttons work??? is this the same for other users too?

so if I plug in all audio sources like the manual says I can. it mentions about an audio mixer that I can adjust levels. How can I do this?? my audio coming off my gopro through hdmi is going in to clip and I cant seem to adjust it too.

the unit comes up fine with OBS etc etc....I haven't confirmed the audio quality after hearing reports about back audio.

is there downloadable software somewhere for this because I don't have a SDcard reader on my machine.

Thanks

Denny Smith

Re: Web Presenter

PostWed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 pm

The manual and any firmware can be downloaded directly from BM' website Support page.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Jon Hart

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 pm

If I recall correctly, the only buttons that currently do anything with the Web Presenter/Smart Panel are the 1 and 2 buttons. Don't know about audio though. Sorry.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 5:04 pm

With the initial release, only the 1 and 2 buttons work on the front panel. Also, audio mixing is not present at the moment. Both audio inputs are active. A firmware update will add more functionality.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Denny Smith

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 5:48 pm

So Gary, you should only use one audio input at this time, and not try to have an input to both, music to rca and a mic to the XLR?
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Probably yes. At the moment, there is no control over audio, so you would need to control the levels externally.
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Stefan Flos

PostFri Feb 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi gary,

I contacted EMEA about some issues with the web presenter.

1. Audio is not working properly. there are many issues. Especially:

a. you can not turn of an audio input and if you can not turn it of on the camera (like a gopro) you have either a lot of audio input you don't want or you have to ditch this camera.
b. audio is attenuated or amplified or somehting: it sounds terrible and unuable. When i calp I hear a fast double clap (there is no feedback, input is clear).
c. with a transition audio is lost for a fraction: Why?
d. there should be some kind of menu setting to say either audio of an input on/of of follow the input and controle the other two audio inputs.

2. i input 25p but USB output is 30p - there is no way to control that. I just need maximum 25p so I sould be able to set maximum.

3, smooth transitions are only smooth if the input have similar framerates (are the same) not convinient but I can live with that.

4. throughput of the HDMI to a beamer is not stable: i keep losing the signal on the beamer end due to some kind of signal loss.

All points also fed back to EMEA - and issues should be solved soon or the web presenter can not be used for production especially due to the audio issues.

I really like the idea and concept of the web presenter and it looks good and there is a lot of potential. But I feel release has been a little bit too soon... So I am like a beta tester....

Stefan
vmix user, bmd: intensity, shuttle, mini recorder, duo2, akitio enclosure, canon xa25, sony: Alpha7ii, RX10, RX100v, BMD - pocket camera - video assist, gopro, fcpx, hollyland wireless, logitech spotlight...

Francis BMD

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Mar 02, 2017 8:25 am

Hi guys,

We’ve caught the bug of the audio being distorted. The good news is we’ve got a fix for it. We’ve also made some improvements to the overall quality of the video. We’ll get these changes out to you as soon as we can. We’ve some exciting new products that we’ll be announcing shortly as a live webcast. We’ll of course be using Web Presenter to do this and you’ll be able to see and hear the fixes and improvements we’ve made. You can see the live stream in around 12 hours from now. Please check our main website for the link.

Tom Bellamy

PostThu Mar 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi there

I'm really keen to buy the Web Presenter as it seems perfect for what I need but the comments on this thread about the audio being bad is putting me off.

I'm looking to broadcast live sessions for musicians and bands. I will pre mix the band in Pro Tools and will therefore just need a stereo in for audio and to start with just 2 different camera inputs for the visuals.

By the sounds of it, the audio signal on the Web Presenter isn't very stable and the quality isn't great?

Can anyone offer me any advice? I would love to hear from you. I'm very new to this so my knowledge is very limited. I have lots of enthusiasm though :-)

Tom

TrevorCurington

PostSun Mar 05, 2017 3:30 pm

That's great news about the audio distortion! We are also having audio sync issues. Seems like the longer the video is live, the worse the sync gets. Is the update fixing that as well? I hope to see this update soon! Thanks! :)

ed van der kruijssen

PostSun Mar 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Bought last week the web presenter a promising product but for the moment you can only use it for streaming just one source. Switching between two sources causes a dip in the audio.

Hope they will solve this problem soon and will enable all the other function like menu setting as well.

In general must say that am rather surprised Black Magic brings a product to the market that is not completely finished yet....
Last edited by ed van der kruijssen on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stefan Flos

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 10:20 am

any indication when we can expect the update.

there is some pressure, especially on the audio issues. so if you are consideting a lot more and therefor a longer wait, maybe a two step firmware update could be considered.

will keep an eye on the support section at bmd but a prior indication, lets say: this tuesday march 7th ... would be helpfull.

stefan
vmix user, bmd: intensity, shuttle, mini recorder, duo2, akitio enclosure, canon xa25, sony: Alpha7ii, RX10, RX100v, BMD - pocket camera - video assist, gopro, fcpx, hollyland wireless, logitech spotlight...

ed van der kruijssen

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 12:07 pm

We have since two weeks a web presenter with teranex panel we bought this product based on the specifications communicated on the Black Magic webpage.

Unfortunately most of the functions are still disabled in fact the only thing wat is functioning is that you can stream one source whether SDI or HDMI Question is when will you come with a update so that this web presenter will function like you promise on your website and during your live broadcasts?

DuncanUnderwood

PostSat Mar 11, 2017 12:30 am

Francis BMD wrote:Hi guys,

We’ve caught the bug of the audio being distorted. The good news is we’ve got a fix for it. We’ve also made some improvements to the overall quality of the video. We’ll get these changes out to you as soon as we can. We’ve some exciting new products that we’ll be announcing shortly as a live webcast. We’ll of course be using Web Presenter to do this and you’ll be able to see and hear the fixes and improvements we’ve made. You can see the live stream in around 12 hours from now. Please check our main website for the link.

Where was the live stream link? When are you releasing these Changes??

DuncanUnderwood

PostSat Mar 11, 2017 12:33 am

When is blackmagic posting an update to fix the issues of the web Presenter box. So frustrating buying this box to now have it unusable. Should probably just return it and buy something else that actually works correctly. Arrgghhh

Gary Elkins

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 am

Tried it using adobe flash media live encoder only sd resolutions show up not 720p. is there going to be a fix for this? or no. web presenter seems like a good concept but doesn't seem useful yet for professional streaming. wirecast and fmle are pretty popular and this doesn't seem to work with either.
are their going to be fixes?

ed van der kruijssen

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 6:47 am

Downloaded yesterday the new software update but unfortunately it is still not possible to switch between two sources without losing your audio for a second.

Also the menu settings not working yet...

HannanCade

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 11:38 pm

same here. Support said they only have XLR working for audio input not microphone input, and the audio still cuts everytime you switch between 1 and 2 inputs.

sigh

Denny Smith

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Does the audio drop if the audio source is the line XLR input?
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Michael Ingledew

PostSat Aug 19, 2017 8:12 am

I have just bought this web presenter and to say that I am disappointed is an understatement - I understand getting to market first is important, but selling a terrible product to be there first is crazy.

1 - Transitions do not work - flashes black screen and moves from camera to camera (yes firmware is latest)
2 - XLR input does not work for external microphones
3 - HDMI passthrough does not pass anything! it's a dead socket..

This is the second web presenter I have had, returned the first one as I thought it was a faulty unit, replacement arrives and exactly the same issues.

Potential to be a good product but right now, I would not buy it if you are looking.

Blackmagic - please update your firmware so we can actually use this expensive half-baked product

RM

Denny Smith

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 1:54 am

You can only get a smooth transition if both cameras are set to the same resolution, 1080p24/30, 1080i50/60, etc. the XLR input is not a mic input, it is a balanced line level input set to unity to take a Mixer/audio board output. You need the optional Smart Panel to make any settings and changes.
DS
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Michael Ingledew

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 6:27 am

Thanks Denny for taking the time - We have the Smart Panel - but will try your suggestions asap and report back. You are right we have a Panasonic input set to a far higher 4k resolution than the box can probably handle.

Thanks again

Mike

Denny Smith

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 6:10 pm

There really isn't any need to feed anything higher than UHD, preferably HD, as the WP downscales the signal to 720p. Having the two video sources being the same resolution should give smooth wipe style transitions when you switch between the sources. Good luck.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Stefan Bixner

PostWed Dec 27, 2017 11:44 am

Michael Ingledew wrote:1 - Transitions do not work - flashes black screen and moves from camera to camera (yes firmware is latest)
Denny Smith wrote:You can only get a smooth transition if both cameras are set to the same resolution, 1080p24/30, 1080i50/60, etc.

Has this changed in the meantime with firmware updates or are there still black frames when switching video inputs if the resolutions do not match exactly?

DuncanUnderwood

Re: Web Presenter - Distorted Audio Again

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 7:04 am

So heres a weird one. one of my two web presenters is now putting out distorted audio with embedded over SDI. Ive A/B'd both unit using the same cables and all the troubleshooting points back to the faulty unit. Ive tried factory reset and also re loading drivers will same distorted result.

both units are running v1.2 with identical settings from default.

any ideas??

Return to Live Production