Intensity Pro 4K Losing Settings

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

michael_holt

Intensity Pro 4K Losing Settings

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 2:14 am

First post in this forum and I thank you in advance.

I have been using Blackmagic Intensity Pro Capture Cards with great success in the past with regard to capturing video camera output. My situation now is that I need to capture a Windows 10 computer desktop monitor output.

Setup:
--Zotac CI-323 mini PC with onboard video card and three supported video outputs of hdmi, display port, and VGA (dsub.) I say supported as Zotac confirms this hardware was created for 3 simultaneous outputs.
--Video output:
----Display port to hdmi adapter to Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K
----hdmi to projector
----vga to monitor
--Main Computer running Desktop Video 10.8.4

I can setup everything and it works great. I then log off then log back in and are forced to reconfigure the Desktop Video Input Settings. The input that was previously set to HDMI defaults back to COMPONENT to which I change it back to HDMI and it works perfectly.

As a side note, this is a second capture card in a main computer setup. Other capture card is an older Intensity Pro which captures video camera and seems to be keeping its settings most of the time but, on occasion will totally lose all of its settings.

I've unsuccessfully searched the forums. Can anyone help?

Cecil Law

Re: Intensity Pro 4K Losing Settings

PostSat Feb 25, 2017 2:04 am

Dear michael_holt,

I have same issue, but my machine is connected Avermedia LGX (USB3.0) and IP4K (PCIE Slot x4), so I don't think your old capture card cause this issue.
In my situation, if i power off my PS4 and PC, the Desktop Video Input will be reset, but if I let ps4 in sleep mode and power off PC only, my setting Desktop Video Input will not reset. Very strange.

michael_holt

Re: Intensity Pro 4K Losing Settings

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 pm

I apologize, I should have replied on this thread.

Blackmagic's release of 10.8.5 corrects this issue. Desktop Video Settings are now saved as expected. Hallelujah!

My setup used a display port to hdmi converter then to the Blackmagic capture card.

My issue was the use of a display port vs. full hdmi. Display port is programmed differently all the while sending a power signal through a specific pin. In order to send that signal, the monitor, or in this case blackmagic, must send a signal that it is ready to capture. Then, the Blackmagic card will autodetect the capture card and its input. The black magic card is not programmed to do this.

The way to get around this issue is to either save the configuration setting of the Blackmagic card (10.8.5) or use other than a display port to hdmi to Blackmagic card connector.

Return to Getting Started